[Spambayes] Spybot terminates 1.04 install

Bernie Dwyer dwywit at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 25 01:56:31 CET 2006

Hi - I was attempting to install SpamBayes 1.04 from the current Australian
PCUser magazine cover disc, and Spybot terminates the install immediately
the first screen was displayed ("Welcome, this will install... please turn
off, etc before proceeding").

This is WinXP Pro SP1 (including some of the SP2 patches) on an Intel P4.

Spybot 1.4 identified the issue as WinFixer2005.

I then went to the sourceforge site to download 1.04 and try again (just in
case the PCUser disc was corrupted/infected) - same result.

I found a copy of 00.81 and it installed without any problems (removed it
afterwards).

I updated Spybot's detection files & rules, but no good. There don't appear
to be records in the Spybot report/log).

Any ideas? If there's any more info you need, please let me know and I can
forward screen dumps, etc.

regards

Bernie Dwyer