[Spambayes] Spybot terminates 1.04 install

Allen netsecurity at sound-by-design.com
Sat Feb 25 07:15:45 CET 2006

Actually it might be more specific than that. I have installed both
Spybot and SpamBayes on XP machines of various levels of patch, for the
most part without problems.

I suspect there is a registry issue involved in this as the only time I
ever had a problem was when I failed to clean and defrag the registry
before installing. JV16's free Registry Cleaner can be found on the net.
  It is an older version, 4.43 I believe, but does the cleaning trick
quite well. I've been using Fixit tools for the defrag for years but I'm
sure there are other ways to accomplish this.

After I did both, installation went just fine.

BTW, I always put Spybot on a Windoze machine as the very first step to
cleaning it up.

Allen