[Spambayes] icon in systray not "active"

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jan 2 23:52:15 CET 2006

> By private mail, Bill sent me his log which contains the following
> traceback:
>
> [...]
> ValueError: invalid literal for int(): SpamBayes.org
>
> I suspect the problem is that the config file is not setup
> correctly, but
> I'm afraid I can't remember the details of exactly where this file
> is.  It
> looks like the 'listen_ports' value in the [pop3proxy] section is
> invalid,
> but hopefully one of the other mailing list members will be able to
> offer
> better advice.

The config file is in the "Application Data" directory.  I can't
recall what version of Windows this was, but the most likely place is
"C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Spambayes
\Proxy".  The file is called bayescustomize.ini.

(Bill has almost certainly found this previously, since he must have
edited the file manually to get the invalid value in there, since the
GUI won't let you save an invalid value).

The simplest thing to do would be to remove all of the options in the
[pop3proxy] and [smtpproxy] sections, or simply remove the entire
file, and then reconfigure via the GUI (which should then be
accessible, since the tray application should once again start).

=Tony.Meyer