[Spambayes] FW: spam bayes won't work

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 3 00:09:16 CET 2006

>>> I recreated the toolbat as described in your troubleshooting guide-
>>> that did not solve the problem.  I then tried to remove the file
>>> \Documents and Settings\username\Microsoft\Outlook\outcmd.dat   but
>>> it doesn't exist!
>>
>> Did you replace "username" in that path with your actual username?
>> AFAIK the outcmd.dat file always exists.
>
> I searched my entire computer for both these files (outcmd.dat & the
> SpamBayesLog) and can find neither!

Searched how?  If you were using the Windows search, did you ensure
that it was searching for all files, and including all locations
(including hidden ones and system files)?  I believe that by default
this is not the case.  The simplest way of finding these files is to
open an Explorer window (Windows-E), show the address/location bar if
it isn't already (View menu), and type the path into the address/
location bar.  That will open up the directory even if it is hidden.

> I RECENTLY GOT A FREE DOWNLOAD OF Mcafee Security from Comcast-
> could this
> have anything to do with the problem?

Possibly, although it's unlikely.

>> If that doesn't work:  are all three of the SpamBayes buttons non-
>> functional, or just some?  Does SpamBayes still filter?

Could you answer these?

=Tony.Meyer