[Spambayes] Modified Classifier storage

manuel+spambayes at af0.net manuel+spambayes at af0.net
Thu Jan 5 05:07:06 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm looking to store a bunch of storage.Classifiers in a database
indexed by user (in other words, so that each user gets his own
classifier). It seems I could do this easily enough by modifying
mySQLClassifier or similar (though I'd like to use SQLObject so I'm
not tied to a specific database server), but before I go and mess
with that, I was wondering if there's an easier way. For example, I
could probably create a classifier.Classifier instead, and just
pickle it to and from a database record (one per user), but without
looking closer at the code I'm unclear if that's completely batty or
not.

I figured I'll go ahead and modify the SQL Classifiers to just add to
the record a "user" field, and select the records specific to that
user (seems  to be the least-likely-to-suck-for-performance option),
but if anyone has any comments on this, I'd appreciate the input.

By the way, before people tell me stuff like "just run SpamBayes
separately for each user," I'm using SpamBayes's Bayesian
classification system for something entirely different, just because
it seemed among those that suited my needs best. So that suggestion
isn't an option here. :)

Thanks,
Manuel