[Spambayes] How to reclassify Eudora mbx?

Paul Denning pauld at mitre.org
Wed Jan 11 20:33:01 CET 2006

I recently got a new laptop and I am in the process of setting it up.

I installed Eudora 7.0.1.0 and spambayes 1.0.4 on Windows XP SP2.

Before training spambayes, I started receiving email (via POP).

I have several hundred new emails that have passed through spambayes
and are now classified as unsure and are sitting in a eudora .mbx.

Most of the messages have probably been deleted from the POP server.

I have since trained spambayes on some spam (9883) and ham (6376)
from my old laptop (also Eudora).
I used the spambayes web interface, and in the "Train on a message,
mbox file or dbx file" section, I uploaded the eudora .mbx file using
the Train as Spam or Train as Ham buttons as appropriate.

I would now like to go back and re-classify the hundreds of messages
that were initially classified as unsure.

The web interface "classify a message" lets you upload a message file
or paste a message into the form, but I don't think that does what I want.

I would like to take before.mbx and feed it through spambayes to copy
each message into after.mbx, where after.mbx has the new
classification (spam, ham, unsure) in the email header and before.mbx
is left alone (read only).

before.mbx would have email headers "X-Spambayes-Classification: unsure"
after.mbx would have email headers "X-Spambayes-Classification: ham"
or spam, and a lot fewer unsure.

I don't really care if X-Spambayes-MailId: is changed.

How can I do this?

Paul