[Spambayes] Installation error + Script error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 15 05:03:42 CET 2006

> [...]
> You do not have a dbm module available to use.  You need to either
> use a pickle (see the FAQ), use Python 2.3 (or above), or install a
> dbm module such as bsddb (see http://sf.net/projects/pybsddb).

This is a result of this bug:

[ 1106457 ] bsddb185 has to be covered in dbmstorage.py
(fixed in CVS)

I think; at least, when I try the various dbm modules here (OS X
10.4.4) only bsddb185 works.

The simplest way around this would be to simply use a pickle for
storage, rather than one of the dbm modules.

     sb_filter.py -p ~/.hammie.pik message.mbox

Alternatively, you could install Python 2.4 (the Mac package (at
least the one I used) includes bsddb), or the bsddb module, or ZODB
(ask if you'd like instructions for any of these).

=Tony.Meyer