[Spambayes] I know, another clueless newbie question....

Allen netsecurity at sound-by-design.com
Tue Jan 24 01:55:08 CET 2006

Tony,

Okay, did that and got:

+OK <44814.1138063181 at bigbird.whtech.com> [ISafe POP3 Proxy]
-ERR authorization first
+OK   (USER xxx)
+OK   (PASS xxx)
+OK   (LIST)
1 4230
2 3967
(etc.)
.

The error was a mistype on my part. Forgot uppercase USER. The parens
items are what I typed.

Is it just telnet to SMTP that doesn't give the USER prompt? Or is it
doing it from the command prompt instead of a term? I remember uploading
web pages via FTP a few years back where the system gave prompts. Mind
you this was a different provider and 5 or 6 years ago. I've being doing
GUI too long, I think. :)

Thanks,

Allen