[Spambayes] Installation error + Script error

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jan 31 07:09:02 CET 2006

> i managed to get the thing working, and it gave me an unsure
> classification because there wasn't any training done. Am i right
> to say then, that in order to train, i'll just use the options
> found in the sb_filter.py script?

That's simplest, yes.  (There are other options, like using
sb_upload.py with sb_server.py, or sb_mboxtrain.py).

> is it difficult to install the latest version of python - i looked
> at the python.org, and there's no installer, but just UNIX compile
> - version 2.4.2. is that what you are talking about in the previous
> maiL?

It's not at all difficult to install.  You download it, decompress
it, and do "./configure", "make", and "make install" and it's done.
ActiveState have a prebuilt version for OS X if you would prefer
that.  Fink & DarwinPorts might too, I'm not sure.

<http://activestate.com>

> eventually, i need to combine this python script, get out the
> number of ham and spam tokens, and pass this to a matlab code which
> is converted into C++. i heard that it's actually possible to
> "embed" C++ into python - have you done it before?

Yes, but it would probably be much simpler to just call a Python
script and read the output.  Or if you're wanting to run C++ code in
Python, then to call a compiled C++ application and read the output.

=Tony.Meyer