[Spambayes] Help! Deleted by accident

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 22 10:36:29 CEST 2006

> I recently emptied my junk email folder and then realized I needed
> something in there.  I can’t find the deleted items—it’s not in my
> email’s trash or on the web server trash, or my desktop recycle bin.
>
> Any ideas how I can get this back?

This is really an Outlook question, not a SpamBayes one (SpamBayes
just moves messages between folders - there's no difference between
deleting a message that SpamBayes classified as spam and any other
message).

If it's not in the Outlook "Deleted Items" folder, then it may not be
recoverable.  If the message was in a local "Personal Folders" (pst)
file (not an IMAP server, Hotmail, or Exchange) then if you haven't
"compacted" the PST file, there are utilities that can recover
messages (Google will find them).

=Tony.Meyer