[Spambayes] Spam Clues: [Bulk] Fantastic ...

Eric A. Silver eric.silver at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 28 22:52:42 CEST 2006

Hi, Skip.
Thanks for your help.  My virus definitions are updated daily, but it's
always possible for something to get through.
As far as my having approved this message as ham 300 times, I rather doubt
it.  Given the bizarre content, the likelihood that I marked it as ham even
once is rather remote.  Yes, I know the statistics say that I did, but
theirs is absolutely no way that this happened.  What is more likely,
however, is that it dropped into my inbox over 300 times, and Spambayes
failed to recognize it for what it was, so that in each case I manually
deleted it as spam, but the program never trained on it--which is what my
original message was about--that despite my marking these messages as spam,
the program never catches them.  Remember--given the content of the message,
it is highly unlikely that I marked it as ham even once, let alone 300
times.

Eric.
Eric A. Silver