[Spambayes] Direct access to database

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jun 1 00:17:58 CEST 2006

> I would like to directly see the spambayes database; for
> instance to see a listing of words; to pick out the most spammy as
> well as the most hammy terms,
> etc. Is there a way to do that?

Yes.  If you install Python <http://python.org/download> and download
the SpamBayes source, you can use sb_dbexpimp.py to convert the
database to a CSV file (and then view it in Excel, or whatever you
like).

The command you'll want to run will be something like:

C:\location\of\spambayes\source>scripts\sb_dbexpimp.py -f tokens.csv -e

> Is there, for instance, an odbc driver available somewhere? Or is
> it even possible to use a different database system?

The possible storage options are:

  * A Python pickle.

  * Any of the Python dbm databases (e.g. BSDDB)

  * ZODB

  * ZEO

  * CDB

  * MySQL