[Spambayes] Reinstallation of spambayes on my upgraded computer

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 05:07:07 CEST 2006

[Okulitch, Andrew]
> I requested a download.  I was asked to select a mirror.  I have no idea
> what this is or why I need to do this.

"A mirror" is a machine on which a copy of the software lives.  The
software lives on many mirrors. In theory, it would be nice if you
picked a mirror that's geographically close to you, to minimize
network traffic.  For example, if you live in Australia, it's nicer if
you pick a mirror in Australia than a mirror in Oklahoma.  You know
where you live, but the mirrors don't know where you live, so they
can't make that choice for you.  If you don't know either, pick any
mirror.

> I just want to have spambayes back.  I love it. Thanks for any help.

Pick a mirror :-)