[Spambayes] Does SpamBayes work with Hotmail or G-mail?

Tim Stone tim at aterraform.com
Wed Jun 21 00:03:06 CEST 2006

It does not specifically work with either of those two products,
although gmail does have a pop3 interface that spambayes could be used
with.  Gmail, however, has considerable spam filtering built in, and
most users find their filtering to be adequate.  Where spambayes
differentiates itself is that it allows -you- to define what is and is
not spam, rather than the Google engineers and/or a consensus of gmail
users.  If you find gmail's filter to be adequate for you, then you're
good to go.  If not, you can use gmail's pop3 interface in conjunction
with spambayes to customize your own spam filtering capabilities (at
least to some extent :)

Hotmail, on the other hand, has no pop3 or imap interface, and so
spambayes has no ability to perform any filtering on behalf of Hotmail
users.