[Spambayes] (no subject)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 13 21:28:33 CET 2006

> The problem I am having is configuring for Mozilla Thunderbird
> through which I monitor three POP3 email addresses.  All three use
> the same incoming port (110) and the same outgoing port (25), but
> for three servers, the configuration demands that all ports are
> unique.

Say your three servers are example.com, example2.com and
example3.com, all on port 110.  What you need to do is:

   1.  Tell SpamBayes to proxy these three servers.  Put all three,
"example.com,example2.com,example3.com", in the "remote servers"
section of the SpamBayes configuration.

   2.  Tell SpamBayes to proxy these three servers on local ports -
you can choose whatever ones you like (and aren't used by anything
else on the local machine).  For example, put "8110,8111,8112" in the
"local ports" section of the SpamBayes configuration.

   3.  Tell Thunderbird that it needs to look at the local machine,
on ports 8110, 8111, and 8112, for mail.  I don't have a copy of
Thunderbird handy, but I'm sure you can find the configuration where
you change the server from "example.com" to "localhost" (etc) and the
port from "110" to "8110" (etc).

Unless you're really positive you need it, don't bother with the SMTP
(outgoing) proxy.

=Tony.Meyer