[Spambayes] spambayes

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Wed Mar 15 17:16:13 CET 2006

I can't answer this.  Anyone...?

-----Original Message-----
From: Amedee Van Gasse [mailto:amedee at amedee.be]
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 11:01 AM
To: Jesse Pelton
Subject: Re: [Spambayes] spambayes

Jesse Pelton wrote:
> http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#can-i-share-move-my-training
> -data-from-one-computer-to-another addresses this. You might want to
review the list of FAQs at the top of the page.

> However, not only do I personally not move training data around, I
> actually throw it away occasionally and train from scratch. SpamBayes
> learns very quickly. Retraining generally seems to improve
> classification somewhat, perhaps because the composition of my message

> stream changes over time and the new training data better matches the
> current makeup of the messages I'm receiving.

Sorry for hijacking this topic.
I have read the suggestions about occasional retraining.
Is it possible to automate this? Because I have only found docs that
talks about manually doing that.

I was thinking about running a cron job that dumps all training data,
except the training data for the last X days.
Is this possible and if yes, how?

--

Amedee Van Gasse
amedee.be