[Spambayes] Q: pop3proxy: configuration: pop3 sessions are counted but no mails

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 20 22:27:30 CET 2006

>> If you look at a message that goes through the proxy, does it have
>> the
>> SpamBayes headers?  In particular, does it have an X-Spambayes-
>> Exception
>> header?
>>
>> If there aren't any SpamBayes headers, could you set [globals]
>> verbose to True, and grab the _pop3proxy.log file that gets created?
>> Either look at it yourself, or you can send it to us AFTER YOU
>> REMOVE YOUR
>> USERNAME AND PASSWORD from the top.
>
> Can you maybe tell me where these headers in outlook-mails could be
> found?
> If it's under 'right-click > options' then no there aren't any.

Why are you using the POP3 proxy with Outlook?  The Outlook plug-is
*much* simpler to install and use.

To view the headers for a message, you need to open the message (i.e.
you can't do this in the preview pane), then choose "Options" from
the "View" menu.  At the bottom of the dialog that opens is a section
called "Internet Headers".

=Tony.Meyer