[Spambayes] Unique text = ham?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 27 05:08:00 CEST 2006

> There is no function at this point to always flag a unique sequence of
> characters as non-spam.

And I'm pretty sure there are no plans to ever have one (because, as
Tim described, you can do this already very simply).

> I might suggest, however,
> that you implement a rule in your mailer that looks for that sequence
> and simply files it off to a folder before the rule that moves flagged
> spam gets ahold of it.  That way, whether or not spambayes has flagged
> it as spam is of no consequence.
>
> Generally speaking, spambayes flags mail as likely spam or not, but
> it's
> up to your mailer to do something with that information.  If you're
> using outlook, then the spambayes plugin is a bit more proactive than
> that, but that's the only exception.

(I realise this isn't relevant for the OP, but:) You can do this with
the Outlook plug-in as well - it fires *after* all the Outlook rules,
so if you have a rule to move the message to another folder, which
isn't filtered, then SpamBayes will never see the message.

=Tony.Meyer