[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] assertion error in sb_filter.py

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 27 05:52:19 CEST 2006

[Moved to spambayes at python.org from spambayes-dev]

> I have been using spambayes for ages with the pop proxy and have just
> migrated my server to IMAP.  I am currently running sb_filter from a
> procmail script and getting the traceback in the procmail log below.
> [...]
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spambayes/classifier.py",
> line
> 308, in probability
>     assert hamcount <= nham
> AssertionError

This is saying that you have a token that has been seen in more ham
than the total number of ham you have trained (which is impossible,
so is really saying that there is a problem with the database).

You can export the database to CSV (with sb_dbexpimp.py), manually
correct the counts, and then convert back, but you're probably better
off just replacing the database with a fresh one.

(This shouldn't happen again - if it does, the most likely
explanation is that two processes have the database open for writing
at the same time, so that would be the first thing to check).

=Tony.Meyer