[Spambayes] ZODB simultaneous read-write is okay, right?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 8 04:18:50 CEST 2006

> So all I need to do is switch my persistent_use_database option
> from "zodb"
> to "zeo"?

(In theory) yes.  If something doesn't work, email me/here/spambayes-
dev or assign a bug to me and I'll fix it quickly (I'm working on
other stuff related to this at the moment, so it's not a problem to
get to it right away).

> Do I need to run a separate process that mediates access to the
> database?

Yes.  A "runzeo.py" script should have been installed with ZODB,
which you can use for this.  You can pass it the things it needs on
the command line (see the docstring) or use a config file like:

"""
<zeo>
address localhost:8090
monitor-address localhost:8091
</zeo>

<filestorage 1>
path /Users/tameyer/hammie.fs
</filestorage>

<eventlog>
<logfile>
path /tmp/zeo.log
format %(asctime)s %(message)s
</logfile>
</eventlog>
"""

If that is in a file named "zeo.config", ZEO is then started like:

     runzeo.py -C zeo.config &

This works for me; hopefully if I have something wrong Tim will
correct me :)

=Tony.Meyer