[Spambayes] ZODB simultaneous read-write is okay, right?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon May 8 07:03:09 CEST 2006

    >> Do I need to run a separate process that mediates access to the
    >> database?

    Tony> Yes.  A "runzeo.py" script should have been installed with ZODB,
    Tony> which you can use for this.  You can pass it the things it needs
    Tony> on the command line (see the docstring) or use a config file like:

There is no doc string in runzeo.py.  All it contains is a copyright comment
and a call out to ZEO.runzeo.main().  Something like

    runzeo.py --help

ought to do the equivalent of

    pydoc ZEO.runzeo

(which does give some useful info).  Instead I get a traceback:

    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/local/bin/runzeo.py", line 18, in <module>
        main()
      File "/Users/skip/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ZEO/runzeo.py", line 351, in main
        options.realize(args)
      File "/Users/skip/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zdaemon/zdoptions.py", line 242, in realize
        arg = handler(arg)
      File "/Users/skip/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/zdaemon/zdoptions.py", line 63, in help
        if doc.find("%s") > 0:
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Thanks for the config info.  It should get me going.

Skip