[Spambayes] ZODB simultaneous read-write is okay, right?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 8 08:45:36 CEST 2006

[Tony]
>> Yes.  A "runzeo.py" script should have been installed with ZODB,
>> which you can use for this.  You can pass it the things it needs
>> on the command line (see the docstring) or use a config file like:

[Skip]
> There is no doc string in runzeo.py.  All it contains is a
> copyright comment
> and a call out to ZEO.runzeo.main().

Ah yes, forgot about that, sorry.  I meant the docstring of ZEO.runzeo.

>   Something like
>
>     runzeo.py --help
>
> ought to do the equivalent of
>
>     pydoc ZEO.runzeo
>
> (which does give some useful info).  Instead I get a traceback:
[...]
>     AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

This is why I didn't just say use --help.  Actually, it annoyed me so
often I fixed the bug locally (by putting in a "doc=__doc__" in the
call to options.realize at the end of ZEO.runzeo, but I think the
proper fix is changing the runzeo.py script's body to be

"""
from ZEO.runzeo import main, __doc__

# Provide an appropriate docstring.
import __main__
__main__.__doc__ = __doc__

main()
"""

).  It looks like Zope SVN still has this issue, so maybe I should
provide a bug report or patch or something...