[Spambayes] Training question - Pickle

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Mon May 8 19:12:40 CEST 2006

I get many emails from listservers. Reading through
the advanced options I noticed using a pickle method
of database storage to quickly deal with a huge
numbers of messages.

Selecting the pickle option creates a 500 error. I was
using the Alpha 1.1a1 and when I encountered this
error, I uninstalled the alpha and re-installed it. The
problem persists. I uninstalled again & went to the
current stable release 1.04. and continued to be unable
to use Spambayes.

Looking at the ini, I saw where the [Storage] was still
listed as persistent_database:pickle

I edited out that line, restarted the program and
Spambayes again appears to be working.

Here is the error message I received when selecting
the pickle option:
-------------------------------------

500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 470, in
found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 793, in
onChangeopts

  File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 729, in
reReadOptions

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 891, in _recreateState

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 906, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 738, in prepare

  File "sb_server.pyc", line 786, in createWorkers

  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 710, in
open_storage

  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 91, in __init__

  File "spambayes\storage.pyc", line 114, in load

EOFError

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Gary