[Spambayes] sb_mboxtrain.py does not train on all messages?

amedee at amedee.be amedee at amedee.be
Tue May 9 10:49:10 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have the following script that I run occasionally to train on ham and spam:

amedee at debian31lamp:~$ cat spamtrain
#!/bin/sh
#
# MAKE SURE TO EXPUNGE/COMPACT the folders before running this
#
sb_mboxtrain.py -d $HOME/.hammiedb -g $HOME/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-ham
-s $HOME/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-spam

I get the following output:

amedee at debian31lamp:~$ ./spamtrain
Training ham (/home/amedee/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-ham):
  Reading /home/amedee/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-ham/cur as Maildir
  Trained 1 out of 1 messages
Training spam (/home/amedee/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-spam):
  Reading /home/amedee/Maildir/.ztrain.confirmed-spam/cur as Maildir
  Trained 4 out of 6 messages

I'm confused about the "Trained 4 out of 6 messages". sb_mboxtrain.py
doesn't train on all messages? The folders are compacted, so that is not
the issue.
Coincidently, in the confirmed-spam there are 4 read messages and 2 unread
messages.

By the way, what's a fast way to see some ham/spam statistics like in the
Outlook plugin?

--
Amedee Van Gasse
amedee at amedee.be