[Spambayes] Training question - Pickle

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 9 12:41:50 CEST 2006

> I get many emails from listservers. Reading through
> the advanced options I noticed using a pickle method
> of database storage to quickly deal with a huge
> numbers of messages.
>
> Selecting the pickle option creates a 500 error. I was
> using the Alpha 1.1a1

sb_server users should *not* use 1.1a1.  Use 1.0.4 or 1.1a2 (from
source, or the binary when I manage to get it out).

The problem you experienced is a flaw in the web interface that will
be fixed at some point (it might be already fixed in CVS; I don't
recall offhand).  You changed the type of database, but didn't change
the database itself, so problems occurred.  You need to change both
the type and the database (it's name, to start afresh) at the same
time - the catch is that these options are on different pages...

Since you've found the .ini, the easy way to fix this is to put the
persistent_use_database:pickle line back (under a [Storage] heading)
and change the name of the database, e.g.,
persistent_file_name:hammie.pik.