[Spambayes] Outlook Add-in vs. COM

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Tue May 9 16:19:48 CEST 2006

On 2/20/06, Mark Hammond <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:
> > Here's sample COM code that should not leave an outlook.exe behind but
> does:
> > Addin terminating: 2 COM client and 2 COM servers exist.
>
> I'm afraid the only advice I can offer you is to start looking that those
> remaining objects.  Although that message is normal, it isn't ideal and may
> be the problem.  If all python implemented objects were dead, then I'm
> afraid I'd be truly stumped!

Sorry, I'm running a bit behind on my backlog of mailing list mail.
This a known issue and we have an issue logged in the tracker as
"1103976 Outlook.exe will not terminate". Unfortunately, I've been
extremely busy lately with the job that pays the bills and haven't had
a chance to look into this further. I'm still holding out hope that
we'll be able to solve this before the final 1.1 release.

--
Kenny Pitt