[Spambayes] pre-filter the Review web page

amedee at amedee.be amedee at amedee.be
Tue May 9 19:30:25 CEST 2006

> How Can I pre-filter the training web page?  I get a lot of email from
> mailing lists that have a
> very low instance of SPAM and I would like to ignore them.  Is there a way
> I can have
> spambayes toss them so I can concentrate on the rest of the mail without
> having to sift
> through the mailing lists?  Is the only way to do this is to directly
> filter the data base?  If so
> what files do I need to touch with a bash script?

You didin't say how your mail is set up. I'll tell you how I solved it.
In my .procmailrc I move email from trusted mailing lists to separate
folders BEFORE the SpamBayes filtering kicks in, like this:

### These emails are not filtered by SpamBayes

## Mailing lists

# Pandora User Base mailing lists
:0
* ^List-Id:[^<]+<\/[^.]+\.pub\.telenet\.be
{
        :0:
        * MATCH ?? ^\/[^.]+
        .pub.${MATCH}/
}

# PUB, not from mailing list
:0
* ^From:.*pub\.telenet\.be
.pub/

:0:
* ^Subject:.*\[smokeping
.smokeping/

:0:

## Logs

:0:
* ^From: logcheck
.log.logcheck/

:0:
* ^Subject:.*\[SmokeAlert
.log.smokealert/

:0:
* ^Subject:.*\[SNORT
.log.snort/

:0:
* ^Subject: Cron
.log.cron/

### SpamBayes filtering starts here

:0 fw:hamlock
| sb_filter.py

# Messages that are so obviously spam that we should not train on them
:0

# Messages that are spam but we might want to train on them
:0

# Unsure messages must be copied to the unsure folder for training
:0 c

# Ham that doesn't score 0.00 is eligible for training as well
:0 c
.ztrain.ham/

:0 c
.ztrain.ham/

### These mailing lists are filtered by SpamBayes

# Spambayes mailing list
:0:
* ^List-Id:.*spambayes\.python\.org
.spambayes/