[Spambayes] sb_mboxtrain.py does not train on all messages?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 11 12:55:38 CEST 2006

> Now I only have to find a reliable way of detecting if sb_server is
> already running, start it if needed, and shut it down when done.

There are various ways to check this, e.g.:

  1. If you're sure that nothing else on the machine will try and use
the same ports as SpamBayes, then you can check to see whether a
connection is accepted (either to a proxy port or to the HTML UI port).

  2. You can grep through ps and check for a 'python
sb_server.py' (or however you have it setup) process.

  3. You could add code to the open_platform_mutex function in
sb_server to open some sort of lock for your platform (e.g. create a
directory, and delete it on close) and use that to check whether
sb_server is running.