[Spambayes] Ensuring mail does not caught in spam filters - header:Reply-To:1 field.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 11 12:59:43 CEST 2006

> The one remaining vagary I have is this field: 'header:Reply-To:1'
> Whatever I set this field to Spambayes seems to give it a high spam
> probability and I can't figure out why.

Because you have trained a lot of spam with that token.  It really is
that simple.

> I would assume that the best this field could be set to is the same as
> the "From" address, but this seems to make no difference to it's high
> spam probablity ranking.

'header:Reply-To:1' says that there is exactly one "Reply-To" header;
it does not say anything about its contents.

You can stop SpamBayes generating that token by setting the
'safe_headers' option.  e.g. add this to your configuration file:

[Headers]
safe_headers:abuse-reports-to,date,errors-to,from,importance,in-reply-
to,message-id,mime-version,organization,received,return-
path,subject,to,user-agent,x-abuse-info,x-complaints-to,x-face

(That's all the defaults, except for reply-to.  Note that it should
be all one line).