[Spambayes] Probable error in Windows FAQ

Nigel Duncan nduncan at cqmail.net
Wed May 17 18:49:51 CEST 2006

I am prepared to suggest alterations to the Windows FAQ (at least the
parts that affect Eudora), but first I want to have it agreed that I
have found an important error.

Essentially spam can only be RECEIVED mail from the POP server (or
IMAP server if you happen to have one). Therefore an SMTP server can
have nothing to do with the question.

I removed all references to the SMTP server and port in my Eudora.ini
file and everything seems to be working fine - but I have added a
return receipt to this message to be on the safe side.

Apart from this error (and another lesser one) I would try and
develop a more user-friendly version as I gain experience (without
getting into Outlook or Outlook Express, which I have but don't use)
as I am used to writing and translating technical documents with
emphasis on clarity for the user.

Another point is the preferred file format - as public domain are you
allergic to MS Word 2003? It should be easily convertible to html,
but Word would be much easier for me to format.

I am also sending this message to the developer's list as it is not
100% clear which is the right one for this case.

Nigel Duncan
Jerez 4, P4, 4B
E-28016 MADRID, Spain
Tel: (0034) 91-350-4793