[Spambayes] Probable error in Windows FAQ

amedee at amedee.be amedee at amedee.be
Wed May 17 23:43:58 CEST 2006

> Another point is the preferred file format - as public domain are you
> allergic to MS Word 2003? It should be easily convertible to html,
> but Word would be much easier for me to format.

Spambayes is NOT public domain but Python Software Foundation license. The
PSF license is certified as an Open Source license. You might have heard
about other Open Source software like Linux, which has a different
(General Public License) but compatible license. Hint, hint...

Why does it always have to be MS Word 2003? That is way too expensive!
Spambayes is free of charge, the programming language python is also free
of charge, so why not keep the documentation file format also free of
charge?
If you want something with advanced formatting capabilities, why not use
the Open Document Format that is used by many modern advanced software?
Like OpenWriter, a part of OpenOffice, which has exactly the same
capabilities as MS Word 2003, can read/write MS Word files, and is totally
free of charge?
And also has a compatible license?

--
Amedee Van Gasse