[Spambayes] Vista/Office 12 - Outlook

Fowler, Steve steve.fowler at oregonstate.edu
Thu May 18 21:00:06 CEST 2006

 <<spambayes1.log>> So I know I am on the bleeding edge here with Vista
and Office 12 Beta.  Just thought I would pass this along since I was
looking to see if I could get this to run on my test system.  This is
Vista build 5381 and office 12 beta (12.0.2820.1003).  Running on a Dell
GX620 with 1GB Ram.

The application seems to load successfully, doesn't throw an error, but
fails to load.  Following your troubleshooting guide I managed to get it
to throw and error "The module "D:\Program
Files\Spambayes\bin\outlook_addin.edd" was loaded but the call to
DLLRegisterServer fails with error code 0x80040201." when I tried the
regsrv32 command line suggested in the troubleshooting section.  If I
try to use the COM Add-in tool in outlook it tells me it isn't a valid
Office add-in.  Using the outlook_addin_register.exe tool, it executes
with no error but it fails to load as well.

Don't know where you are in planning for the this environment, but I'd
be glad to run any beta versions you have against this environment and
provide feedback.

Regards,
Steve Fowler