[Spambayes] RE Spam

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Tue May 23 16:45:07 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 15:20, skip at pobox.com said:

>     amedee> Sorry that I don't answer your question, but did you know that
> your
>     amedee> disclaimer is longer than the actual message?
>
> Most such disclaimers are added by the company's intellectual property
> police as the email message heads out the virtual door, not by the person
> sending the message.  I suspect you probably just shot the messenger.
>
> Skip

Skip,

It was not my intention to shoot the messenger.
The url you didn't quote should have made it obvious:
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/fun.html
My intention was to give some amusement to the sender, *not* to make fun
of him.

To get back on the topic of this mailing list:
I have noticed that a lot of spam contains disclaimer-ish text.
If I train spambayes with "disclaimed" ham, I fear this will "pollute" the
sb database.
The result might be that any email with a disclaimer-ish text will get a
relatively high ham score.
At the moment, I don't see a solution for this possible problem.
I *could* not train on disclaimed ham, but if most of my correspondents
have such boilerplates, training spambayes won't be very efficient.

 - Amedee

--
Disclaimer:
By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:

   1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
   2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and
make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends
itself to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
   3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
   4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
may be included on your message.