[Spambayes] spambayes help needed: the Outlook toolbar is gone

desh at desh.info desh at desh.info
Tue May 23 19:51:26 CEST 2006

To whom it may concern,

I have been using the SpamBayes Outlook plugin for a long time without any
problem.  Recently, after an unclean shutdown of the computer, SpamBayes
stopped working: filtering didn't happen, and the SpamBayes buttons on the
Outlook toolbar were there, but didn't function at all.

I uninstalled SpamBayes, and per the instructions, deleted the toolbar.  I
then downloaded the latest Windows installer and installed it.  The
installation seemed to work, but the SpamBayes toolbar is nowhere to be
found, and I am not able to add it via the Outlook toolbar configuration
memo.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times, without
success.

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

The computer is, I believe, running Win XP Home.  Outlook is the 2002
version.  I'm not sure of the old version of SpamBayes, but the new
version is 1.0.4.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Josh Rosenberg
jrosenbe at alumni.upenn.edu