[Spambayes] image analyze

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Nov 5 20:19:35 CET 2006

    Luigi> I think there is an errore in the frame selection inside
    Luigi> PIL_decode_parts().

    Luigi>                     for frame in ImageSequence.Iterator(image):
    Luigi>                         # Assume the pixel with the largest value is the
    Luigi>                         # background.
    Luigi>                         bg = max(frame.histogram())
    Luigi>                         if bg < bgpix:
    Luigi>                             image = frame
    Luigi>                             bgpix = bg

Luigi,

I can't tell what you're doing in this change.  Can you describe it?  Also,
in the future, please submit patches and bug reports to the SourceForge
tracker (as context or unified diffs, not as complete replacements).

    Luigi> A part from this the algorithm could be better. From my test
    Luigi> using stddev and sum2 yield better result.

No doubt my algorithm could be better.  I'm afraid I just don't know what
yours does and the ImageStat.Stat documentation isn't much help.  ;-)

Skip