[Spambayes] Use of spambyes with any other mail package than outlook express

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 7 14:01:18 CET 2006

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Colin> This is to enquire whether anyone has successfully used the new
>     Colin> version, other than with Outlook Express.
>
>     Colin> I had a stab at it, but failed.  If anyone has succeeded, I will
>     Colin> try again.
>
> I use SpamBayes just fine on a Mac.  Can you describe what your environment
> is and what doesn't work?
>
> Skip

Skip,

Some days ago, I responded:

    I'll try again and try to respond to Skip's question in some days.
    Meanwhile,
    I'm happy with the crude Firefox filter which has produced not false
    positives
    so far.  The filter picks up messages with "image/gif".

    Colin W

Since then, I've found that the Firefox filter is adequate for my
needs.  I'll wait
for a more mature version of SpamBayes.

Good luck with your project and thanks for your help.

Colin W.