[Spambayes] 1.1a1 inordinately high memory usage

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Nov 10 23:43:39 CET 2006

> Is this just me, or do recent SpamBayes releases use a *lot* of
> memory?
> [...]

There was a bug with sb_server in 1.1a1, which means that it
shouldn't be used.  It was fixed in 1.1a2.

> I am assuming this is something to do with recent additions to OCR the
> recent flood of stock offer spam.

If you haven't enabled the x-crack-images option, you're not doing
any OCR.  IAC, 1.1a1 doesn't have any of this (it predated the image
spam issue).

> You may ask why I'm not running 1.1a3.

Indeed :)

> Good question. When I install
> that using the binary installer and try to set my options for mail
> server and port number I see the following:
>
> 500 Server error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 476, in found_terminator
>    File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 884, in onChangeopts
>    File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 782, in reReadOptions
>    File "sb_server.pyc", line 1007, in _recreateState
>    File "sb_server.pyc", line 1022, in prepare
>    File "sb_server.pyc", line 822, in prepare
>    File "sb_server.pyc", line 889, in createWorkers
>    File "spambayes\Stats.pyc", line 60, in __init__
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
> 'get_statistics_start_date'
>
> So that's a bit of a non-starter for me.

If you open a bug report and assign it to anadelonbrin, I'll try and
find time to fix this.  For the meantime, you can open the
bayescustomize.ini file in a text editor and change the server & port
number there.