[Spambayes] Spambayes major problem and help needed

Rick King rking at preflightventures.com
Mon Nov 27 23:13:06 CET 2006

We have been long-time users of SpamBayes (Windows XP) and have gotten 10+ people on SpamBayes but please help know what to do about the major problem now having.

Using POP3 Proxy Binary ver 1.0.4 March '05 and I am Reviewing and Training messages 2 times a day!

1.  A tremendous amount of Spam mail is getting thru !  Literally HUNDREDS of spam messages daily are getting into my Inbox and thousands are getting caught by Spambayes.

2.  MANY of the same SPAM sources and addresses and subjects keep getting thru and into inbox over & over & over (for weeks now; esp one from PEQV Parametric !  VERY nasty and repetitive - many dozens a day)

3.  Is it because the spammers are using all image messages? (i.e. the text looks all funky and is a picture to throw things off)

4. Is there an update to help?

Thank you for any help!

-  Rick

Rick King
PreFlight Ventures
(919) 806-1166
www.preflightventures.com
Based in Research Triangle Park, NC, PreFlight Ventures helps entrepreneurs and new ventures grow their business through corporate partnering, technology licensing, and acquisitions:  http://preflightventures.com/cpc/
In addition, we provide coaching tools for entrepreneurs: self-assessment scorecard, guidebooks, audio PreFlight PowerTips (http://preflightpowertips.com), profiles distributed to corporate partners & investors, and conduct national workshops and talks on Corporate Partnering, "The Art of Telling Your Story", commercialization, and "Doing Smart Deals." <><