[Spambayes] OT: How to send a Unix mbox of mail to an Outlook user?

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Wed Nov 29 08:04:03 CET 2006

Op dinsdag 28-11-2006 om 23:04 uur [tijdzone -0600], schreef
skip at pobox.com:
> I have a bunch of email messages in typical Unix mbox format.  I wrapped
> them up in a MIME digest and forwarded them to my correspondent, but cc'd my
> gmail address as well.  Gmail didn't do anything useful with the attachment
> (like explode the digest into individual emails), so I'm skeptical that my
> Outlook-using correspondent will get them in a form he can use.  I won't
> know until tomorrow sometime, but I'm skeptical this worked.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thx,
>
> Skip

Skip,

Your correspondent could install a local POP3 or IMAP server
implementation, preferably something originally Unix/Linux that has been
ported to Windows. Or he could use Cygwin.
Once he has that local mailserver, he can use his Outlook client as
usual.

I know about a tool that directly converts .pst files to mbox format,
but I don't know about any tool that does the opposite... (perhaps
google knows?)

--
Amedee