[Spambayes] Delete as Spam doesn't work regularly any more

David Gewirtz david at ZATZ.com
Thu Oct 5 08:35:47 CEST 2006

We've been using and recommending SpamBayes for quite some time and it's
performed quite well. However, we've recently found that if we click "Delete
As Spam" on some messages in the inbox that scored low in filtering, the
messages no longer transfer to our spam folders.

I've noticed this on my machine, and possibly, coincidentally, a co-worker
noticed it on her machine.

Is this a new kind of spam, something known and broken, something we're
doing wrong, or something new that needs a detailed bug report?

I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.

-- David

P.S. I get a HUGE amount of spam daily, more than 7000 messages a day, so
I'm wondering if I'm just overwhelming the system.