[Spambayes] Error Running sb_server.py version 1.1a3

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Oct 12 22:17:39 CEST 2006

    Rick> Traceback (most recent call last):
    Rick>   File "scripts/sb_server.py", line 110, in ?
    Rick>     from spambayes import i18n
    Rick> ImportError: cannot import name i18n

The relative path to sb_server.py seems a bit suspicious to me.  What if you
just try "sb_server.py"?  What does

    which sb_server.py

(executed at the shell prompt) return?

>From an interactive python interpreter can you

    import spambayes

If so, can you

    import spambayes.i18n

?  If you can do the first but not the second, check

    spambayes.__file__

and look in the

    Rick> Anyone have any idea how I can solve this problem?? Is there some
    Rick> other pythin module I need to have installed?

Not that I'm aware of.  There is an i18n module inside the spambayes
package.  Seems to me like you're somehow not running what you installed.

Skip