[Spambayes] More spam getting in my inbox

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 20 03:50:39 CEST 2006

    Richard> I've had Spambayes for several years now and have not had any
    Richard> problems until recently.  Lately, I've noticed a lot more spam
    Richard> ending up in my inbox.  These are items that when I open them
    Richard> should definitely be classified as spam (organ elargement,
    Richard> etc.).  After all this time, I assume the program should be
    Richard> getting rid of these.  Any suggestions?

Lots of spam is now distributed as images.  Depending on your mail program,
this may or may not be apparent when you read the mail.  Text embedded in
images has been impossible to deal with until recently.  A new test version
of SpamBayes (1.1a3) is out, but the experience of the past day or two has
demonstrated that it currently doesn't work with Outlook.  It should work in
Unix environments (I use it on my Mac with no problem).  We're working on
getting it to work with Outlook as time permits.

Skip