[Spambayes] how do I figure out what version I have?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Oct 22 10:52:42 CEST 2006

[Matt]
>>> I cannot figure out to tell what the overall version of
>>> spambayes is.  I see some versioning on individual scripts, but
>>> not an overall one.
>>>
>>> Is there a method to do this?

[Skip]
>> [...]
>>     >>> import spambayes
>>     >>> spambayes.__version__
>>     '1.1a3'
[Matt]
> May I suggest that we add this to the FAQ?

Well, it misses the "F", really, since I don't recall anyone asking
this before.

Note that you can also get the version in the 'normal' way with
sb_filter (I don't recall when this was added - it might have been
1.1a3):

$ python scripts/sb_filter.py -v
SpamBayes Command Line Filter Version 1.1a3 (August 2006)

$ python scripts/sb_filter.py --version
SpamBayes Command Line Filter Version 1.1a3 (August 2006)

Not all of the scripts have this, but sb_server/sb_imapfilter have
the version on all pages of the web interface and outputs the version
to stdout when starting up, and those three (plus the Outlook add-in)
are probably the vast majority of all uses.