[Spambayes] asking to delete a message

Vincent Zweije vincent+spambayes at zweije.nl.eu.org
Mon Oct 30 17:04:32 CET 2006

On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 04:25:17PM +0100, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:

||  Some people I know use different mailing addresses for each mailing
||  list, like this: nameofthemailinglist at yourowndomain.com
||  This implies that you need to have your own domain, and this can be as
||  cheap as 1 euro per month.

With some providers, you receive any mail addressed to
user+anything at example.com or user-anything at example.com. In such a case,
you do not need your own domain. To use it, however, you probably
need access to the envelope recipient address (transferred in the SMTP
protocol), because the To: header in the email header is unreliable.

On a side note: for a time, I suffixed my username in each of my usenet
postings with a different identifier. The main result was that I started
to receive each spam message multiple times, once to each identifier.
I turned that feature off again.

Ciao.                                                           Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije at xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"