[Spambayes] asking to delete a message

Amedee Van Gasse amedee at amedee.be
Mon Oct 30 22:10:04 CET 2006

Op maandag 30-10-2006 om 20:05 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Gioseffi
Dino:
> Hi there,
> thank you for your answer.
> What I am asking is to delete at least the part of the aswer where is reported my address and my ph. and mob. numbers.
> To be honest when I sent that mail I did not know that it may be archived, downloaded, or otherwise copied by anyone...
> I supposed to ask to a restrict number of people in charge to do it.
> Those are my bussiness details and it is very deplorable showing to everyone...that is not fear...
> Please help me.
>
> Dino Gioseffi

Dino,

Can you accept it if the answer is "no, this cannot be done"?
Please read again what Jesse Pelton wrote. This is Pandora's Box: once
you open it, you set a lot of things free. And contrary to ancient
mythology, this box cannot be closed.

The description of the mailing list on
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/spambayes is very, very clear:

"Please note that this is a public mailing list: all messages sent to
this list are visible to the public, and are publicly archived."

By subscribing to the mailing list and sending messages, you explicitly
agreed with the "rules". I realise this might seem harsh and I
apologize, but you only have yourself to blame. You should *always* be
very, very, very, *VERY* careful with your personal information.

I know this from personal experience because when I go
"egosurfing" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egosurfing) I get 25300
results, some of which go back to 1995, when I had my first dialup
internet connection at uni. And I'm a nobody, compared to someone like
Jesse Pelton, who has 130.000 hits:
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Amedee+Van
+Gasse&word2=Jesse+Pelton

--