[Spambayes] Incredimail

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Mon Sep 11 16:20:41 CEST 2006

Being curious and paranoid (like any experienced programmer), I tried to
install Incredimail in a scratch virtual machine.  Unfortunately, it's a
network-based installer, and our firewall blocks part of it.  I could
ask to have the file let through, but I've got work to do.

I didn't find the site confidence-inspiring either.

-----Original Message-----
From: skip at pobox.com [mailto:skip at pobox.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 9:33 AM
To: Jesse Pelton
Cc: Eric; spambayes at python.org
Subject: Re: [Spambayes] Incredimail

    Jesse> This question gets asked periodically, and the answer seems
to be
    Jesse> that Incredimail cannot be configured to work with
    Jesse> SpamBayes. (For the most recent instance, see
    Jesse>
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2006-August/019627.html. For
    Jesse> a little more detail, see
    Jesse>
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2005-December/018512.html.)
    Jesse> I don't think an Incredimail user has ever given a definitive
    Jesse> answer, though.

Just for grins I just sent them a message.  I'm skeptical whether I'll
hear
back from them though.  They had no support contact.  Most contact
categories were of the bizdev/investor relations/pr type.  I think their
main goal is making money, not supporting their user base.

Maybe someone would like to download the Incredimail installer and see
if
the binary can be "patched". ;-)

Skip