[Spambayes] I seem to have stumbled upon a (persistent) spamcount > nspam bug

Edgar Matzinger edgar at edgar-matzinger.nl
Mon Sep 11 17:11:59 CEST 2006

Hi Skip,

On 09/11/2006 04:24:44 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     Edgar>    File "/usr/lib/.../spambayes/classifier.py", line 311,
> in probability
>     Edgar>      assert spamcount <= nspam
>     Edgar> AssertionError
>
> Edgar,
>
> Database corruption generally rears its ugly head when you have two
> tools
> trying to manipulate the database at once.  You use mboxtrain to
> create it.

I use sb_mboxtrain.py to train the system. And use sb_filter,py to
filter/score the messages.

> What other tools in the SpamBayes set do you use?

Except from ones mentioned above, none. I've tried to use
sb_dbimpexp.py. Using 1.0rc2.2, it crashes. Using 1.1a1, it returns
a CSV file.

> What database format are you using?

The default DB format: Berkeley DB.

> I'm guessing you have yet to switch to zodb.  It seems to
> offer much better resilience against these sorts of problems.

How can switch?

Thanks, Edgar.
--
        \|||/
        (o o)                                           Just curious...