[Spambayes] I seem to have stumbled upon a (persistent) spamcount > nspam bug

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Sep 11 21:42:24 CEST 2006

    Edgar> I use sb_mboxtrain.py to train the system. And use sb_filter,py to
    Edgar> filter/score the messages.

Is it possible that sb_filter.py and sb_mboxtrain.py run at the same time?
If so, that would be enough to cause problems, especially using Berkeley DB.

    >> I'm guessing you have yet to switch to zodb.  It seems to offer much
    >> better resilience against these sorts of problems.

    Edgar> How can switch?

Download and install ZODB, change your config file to refer to it:

    [Storage]
    persistent_use_database: zodb

then retrain from scratch.

I don't recall what version you're running, but zodb is the default starting
with 1.1a2.  Depending how much older the version you're running is, you may
or may not find support for ZODB in the SpamBayes tool set.  I recommend you
update to 1.1a3.

Skip