[Spambayes] I seem to have stumbled upon a (persistent) spamcount > nspam bug

Edgar Matzinger edgar at edgar-matzinger.nl
Mon Sep 11 21:52:12 CEST 2006

Hi Skip,

On 09/11/2006 09:42:24 PM, skip at pobox.com wrote:

>     Edgar> I use sb_mboxtrain.py to train the system. And use
> sb_filter,py to
>     Edgar> filter/score the messages.
>
> Is it possible that sb_filter.py and sb_mboxtrain.py run at the same
> time?
> If so, that would be enough to cause problems, especially using
> Berkeley DB.

No they (almost) never run at the same time. sb_filter.py runs every
hour on the hour. And sb_mboxtrain.py runs once a day at 02:15. And
I've never seen that sb_filter.py runs for more than a minute.

>     >> I'm guessing you have yet to switch to zodb.  It seems to offer
> much
>     >> better resilience against these sorts of problems.
>
>     Edgar> How can switch?
>
> Download and install ZODB, change your config file to refer to it:
>
>     [Storage]
>     persistent_use_database: zodb

OK, will do this.

> then retrain from scratch.
>
> I don't recall what version you're running, but zodb is the default
> starting with 1.1a2.  Depending how much older the version you're

I'm currently running 1.1a1.

> running is, you may or may not find support for ZODB in the SpamBayes
> tool set.  I recommend you update to 1.1a3.

OK, will do this also.

Thanks, cu l8r, Edgar.
--
        \|||/
        (o o)                                           Just curious...