[Spambayes] Incredimail

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Tue Sep 12 04:00:12 CEST 2006

    Tim> iirc, the problem with incredimail was, at least at one time, that
    Tim> it doesn't expose the functions necessary to redirect the client to
    Tim> localhost.

This tutorial Eric Johnson posted:

      http://www.uniserve.com/?page=support/email/incredimail

suggests you should be able to.  Click the "General Setup" link and scroll
down about 2/3 of the way until you see the "Incoming and Outgoing mail
servers" dialog.  Assuming it accepts "localhost" as an incoming mail
server, it should work.

Any Windows folks here want to give it a whirl and report back to the group?

    Tim> If it did that, then their prog would be able to client any pop3
    Tim> account, and they didn't want to be in that business.  Maybe that's
    Tim> changed, but then if it has, Incredimail wouldn't be so incredi,
    Tim> now would it?

I gather the main attraction for most folks is all the little gewgaws people
can add to their emails.  I suppose the Incredimail folks make money by
displaying ads to their users, though they do have a version that costs
money, so maybe the free version is semi-crippled or something.

Skip